Saved Hummer H1

Everything not diecast related; and yes that includes the kitchen sink!
CarcrazyinArkansas

Saved Hummer H1

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:15 pm

When I saw this Hummer at a thrift store recently, I really debated a bit whether or not to buy it because it looked like one of those really cheap dollar-store-type toy cars. However, the over-size wheels with band-aid tires looked pretty good for what they are and for that reason alone I felt the dollar asking price for the model was definitely worth it. At home, I discovered inside the body cavity nomenclature that denoted the model was an all-plastic Revell 1:25 scale Hummer H1 2006 kit car. Granted it was missing a few parts and the previous-owner-installed decals were very crookedly applied, there was enough there to work with that the car could be "restored". Researching the model, a link was found (http://www.ipmsusa.org/Reviews/Kits/Aut ... mer_H1.htm) wherein I basically re-did my model by copying what the author had done to his version in the article. One new procedure I tried for the very first time was to foil the grille. Using ordinary household aluminum foil and white glue, it was simple enough to do and came out okay.

Huge bang for the buck!

Thanks for looking...

Return to “Off Topic”