Saved F-18 Hornets: Royal Maces and Dambusters

Everything not diecast related; and yes that includes the kitchen sink!
CarcrazyinArkansas

Saved F-18 Hornets: Royal Maces and Dambusters

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:48 am

These two saved diecast F-18 Hornets in 1:48 scale came from a Goodwill store. They are thirteen inches long and ten inches wide and were made in 2003 by Motor Works/Toy Zone/MotorMax. The first one I bought, "Royal Maces", was three dollars. It was missing both vertical stabilizers, its two exhaust nozzles and a couple of ordinance under its wings. The second model, "Dambusters", was given to me gratis at the same store a few weeks after the first one was purchased. It was missing its pilot, the canopy, everything underneath its wings and body, and both vertical stabilizers. To get both models back together to reasonably resemble F-18s was both fun and challenging. The most difficult job by far was fashioning a clear canopy. This was done by putting a portion of a clear soda bottle over the good canopy on the Royal Maces model and gently heating it to conform to the shape of it. Sounds easy but difficult to form, especially when higher heat couldn't be applied because it would have damaged the good canopy. Overall I'm happy to have these even though they are flawed and not completely accurate.

Thanks for looking...

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Saved F-18 Hornets: Royal Maces and Dambusters

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:42 am

I've never considered planes, though thanks for saving these from the circular file.

Return to “Off Topic”