Ricko 1/18 Vector W8 rebuild and improve WIP

Modifiers corner! Post your latest creations, your "how to" tips and tricks. Custom model and parts development too.
jim010

Re: Ricko 1/18 Vector W8 rebuild and improve WIP

Post by jim010 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:02 pm

It is not the greatest model, that is for sure. But your only choice.

I love your attention to detail and look forward to updates when you resume.

jim010

Post by jim010 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:14 pm

Soo ...

Any updates?

jim010

Post by jim010 » Wed May 09, 2018 4:09 pm

I hope Zondaracer is still at it. I was REALLY hoping to see what he would do with this model. Where did he go?

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed May 09, 2018 5:54 pm

jim010 wrote:I hope Zondaracer is still at it. I was REALLY hoping to see what he would do with this model. Where did he go?
He's around.

Zondaracer

Post by Zondaracer » Sat May 12, 2018 4:23 pm

I am still here, but the real world got back to me so had to shelve the project. Revenue of my coffee and tea business has tumbled in a way it is difficult to keep the shop going. It is very painful because I put all my effort in it and always have been very enthusiastic about our small business. The good thing was I could share the working hours with my wife, so had time for my model making. Unfortunately I see no long term future for our shop anymore, internet and parking fees are killing the city centres with dwindling visitor numbers. This whole negative spiral caused me a lot of stress, that prevented me concentrating on the model as well. Although I sorted a lot of issues (got proper hinges out of the sunglasses, and improved the fit and finish of the body a lot), I didn't feel any joy when working on it anymore. I kept on thinking about my business and the problems we ran into.
So I started this year with a new project. Apart from doing a bit of work on my kit car, this new project takes all of my time. I am planning to start a small bicycle workshop with my own design bicycle. Obviously it won't be a normal bicycle, but will have a completely new sort of propulsion mechanism. It is disappointing not to be able to spend time on my hobby, but that's the way things go if you want to run your own business.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat May 12, 2018 10:27 pm

I'm sorry to hear the news. Yes, it seems people in general, are leaning towards the anti-social theme. Truly a shame. Best of luck in your new venture!

jim010

Post by jim010 » Mon May 14, 2018 2:22 pm

I am sorry for your stress, but am sure you will be able to find success. You are quite resourceful, if your work on these diecasts is any indication.

On a more selfish note, I am also sorry you are no longer able to do these amazing custom diecasts. I was planning on following what you did for this model and see if I could replicate your steps. Alas, life happens.

Return to “Custom Models, Repairs & Parts Development”