Jase G's Collection -Feb/Mar 2019 - end of thread

Create your own page to highlight your diecast collection and latest additions.
SPhilli911

Re: Jase G's Collection -Collection Update 6Sept2017

Post by SPhilli911 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:23 pm

mazspd3jase wrote:
[KRAFTIG] wrote:Nice! What's up with the front window removal on the GTS?
personally feel that is the weak point in many gts and otto models....i cant stand the solid one piece crap they use and just "paint in" the shut lines. In my opinion ruins a perfectly executed model. I have a container with all said removed windows in case I ever decided to put them back in. To me, looks better without. I've pretty much removed them for any GTS & Otto model.
I agree completely. Noticed how bad they looked first on the 2.8 RSR from GT Spirit.

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:37 pm

Does that Miata open?

mazspd3jase

Post by mazspd3jase » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:10 am

StratosWRC wrote:Does that Miata open?

sadly it is a sealed DIECAST.....i thought when i had seen it online that it was actually resin(hence no opening). I had to have it simply because the miata will always be near and dear to me- I owned an NA for 14 years and its still one of the funnest and most reliable cars I've owned in my lifetime. I hated the wheels on it and had a spare set of porsche 996 gt3 rims sitting around, so modified them to fit the car (it also had solid metal axles, so you cant pose the wheels. I also had to modify the stance slightly). Anyhow, its DEFINITELY no winner in the design execution department, but I picked it up for a really low price, so worth it simply because it completes my NA-ND collection( I know there is a chinese market updated NC out there...and if i ever found one on the cheap, i'd get it),

mazspd3jase

Post by mazspd3jase » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:14 am

SPhilli911 wrote:
mazspd3jase wrote:
[KRAFTIG] wrote:Nice! What's up with the front window removal on the GTS?
personally feel that is the weak point in many gts and otto models....i cant stand the solid one piece crap they use and just "paint in" the shut lines. In my opinion ruins a perfectly executed model. I have a container with all said removed windows in case I ever decided to put them back in. To me, looks better without. I've pretty much removed them for any GTS & Otto model.
I agree completely. Noticed how bad they looked first on the 2.8 RSR from GT Spirit.
I get why they go with the material they use....super thin...blah blah blah....but man, it just often spoils the whole overall execution to me....so I remove and store them.....some instance, I simply cut along the painted joint line. If they just made them multi-piece units, it'd be a drastic improvement In my opinion.

mazspd3jase

Re: Jase G's Collection -I'm Back! 2018 collection update po

Post by mazspd3jase » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:02 am

Collection Update for 2018

Well here are my adds for the year of 2018. I have backed off quite a bit from the hobby to focus on other stuff…but still find time to collect and customize

Audi

I-Scale R8 Roadster

I must admit, this was a bit of a surprise and I purchased it because it was a killer deal. It is the first of three models that came as Christmas presents. It did require a simple modification to the suspension to get the model stance right. It was the only change I made. Posed with the Maisto coupe version of the R8 in some pics. Only the doors and front hood open, so no engine on this. Overall though, it is a great display model and the paint finish is pretty nice (is a pearl off-white)

Porsche

AutoArt 997.2-911 GT2 RS
This is the second of three models I got for Christmas. Like the Audi above, it was just too good of a deal to pass up on. It will remain exactly as it came out the box.

Welly 918 Spyder duo

Well after waiting what seemed like forever, I finally got ahold of the Weissach version of the Welly 918. The caveat here though was I didn’t necessarily want the car in grey- my solution was to buy both versions of the model and do a simple chassis swap (I have a high quality print of the car in white, so wanted to create a model to display on a shelf in front of said print). I did some of my normal mods here (suspension, fabric belts w/P.E buckles, flocking for carpet).

Mercedes-AMG

Norev AMG GT Roadster
All I did here was swap out tires for a better looking profile and adjust the ride height. It is a departure from my white AMG Roadsters collection but the blue paint on this is simply breath-taking. The true shame here with this model is that nothing opens (odd for actual metal but I’m finding lots of Norev stuff appears to be coming this way now). Either way, I really dig it.

Otto R129 SL60 AMG & SL73 AMG duo
In my typical nature, these had to match up with my current SL Roadster collection, so one is silver and the other done in pearl white. They also represent 2 of the versions that were available in the real car…..the silver is done as an V8 SL60 AMG & the white car represents the rare V12 SL73 AMG. Both models received all my usual mods but as you can see, the white car had its roof removed (and yes, I can till attach the roof for display). It was a major project and a serious amount of resin work to get correct. Lastly, to differentiate the pair, I swapped out the wheels on the silver car (upon internet research, the 3 piece AMG hammers were a rare but obtainable option on the real car).

Image[/url}

Otto W220 S55 AMG Sedan
This is the third of my Christmas models. I fixed the ride height, added flocking, fabric seatbelts/P.E buckles, and removed the terrible (in my opinion) side windows. She is posed with my AutoArt CL55 AMG F1 coupe.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2b8v2tC]Image

GT Spirit C217 S65 AMG Convertible
its completely different from the way it came (I did leave the interior color unchanged). As This is the first of a new model in my Mercedes/amg collection, I had to go completely different but wanted to do something similar to to the plain S550 convertible w/AMG package from Norev. I have been fascinated by the whole matte/frozen paint jobs on real cars, so went with my own “Designo”styling of a Magneto style paint job. The paint is called “chesnut” and I chose it because I felt it matched the interior that the model came with perfectly.

Last edited by mazspd3jase on Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

OLECO MOTORS

Post by OLECO MOTORS » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:38 am

Nice GT Spirit S65 AMG Convertible!

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:58 am

Nice work on the multiple Benz's!

mazspd3jase

Post by mazspd3jase » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:23 pm

OLECO MOTORS wrote:Nice GT Spirit S65 AMG Convertible!

thanks man.

mazspd3jase

Post by mazspd3jase » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:25 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:Nice work on the multiple Benz's!

thanks Kraftig. i've zero'd in on just a few car makes now with my collecting.....was just too spread out and getting far too expensive to build so many different brands. I'm slowly selling off alot of stuff I'm no longer going to follow.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:04 pm

Been there done that a few years back. All part of the hobby.

mazspd3jase

Post by mazspd3jase » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:18 am

Update – January 2019

This is actually a two-part update….just a single model to talk about. The bigger change came in the form of my main home office revamp. I decided to pull all my displays from the garage and incorporate them into the home office. I redid all the lighting in the displays to give a much better and appealing look to the displays (Bluetooth controlled ribbon LED RGBW ribbon lighting). I have decided to pair down my collection and now this particular room is just dedicated to Porsche and AMG/Mercedes. My guest room is now the remainder of the collection that I plan to keep following (Audi, Bentley, Ferrari, & Lamborghini). I will be selling off the majority of my Shelby Mustangs and Corvettes. I’ll likely post here if approved but will also be listing them on ebay most likely. Anyhow, on to my review of the latest model purchase and some pics of the new room displays.

Porsche

Spark – Panamera Turbo S e-hybrid. – My first SPARK model & my review/take on the brand.

I have to say, this model (due to the extremely high price generally of Spark models) had me on the fence; however, I found one that was somewhat “reasonably priced” on ebay and on a whim, decided to take the seller up on “or best offer”. I fully expected my offer to be rejected honestly, as it was significantly lower than the “buy it now price”. In that respect (and the fact that it’s the only current offering of the new body style Panamera, I was excited to get this).

Now on to the model: I had hoped for spectacular and was rewarded with “just ok”. Don’t get me wrong, it is a beautiful model and the highlight is the paint job for sure. In a word, it is flawless. Beyond that, the proportions appear correct.

Moving forward though, I’m not sure why these cost so much – in all honesty, GT Spirit models are a bargain pricewise and offer a greater level of detail in my opinion. A few examples I noted are the lack of carpeting, absolutely poor choice of material for seatbelts (they were a rubber material with PE buckles). Tail lights appear to be painted and have decals used to draw out details). In turn, the badging/model designation is all done in decals and I can see why-it would be difficult to do these in PE as they are two toned since this is the e-hybrid version of the car. The main Porsche badge on the rear is raised, so is nice and done well (resembling PE very closely).

Headlights are somewhat nicer but the four projector lenses in each light housing are weird metal pieces (two were loose so I had to removed the lense and glue them back in place).

The wheels are well detailed/molded(there is even a valve stem); however, the recessed areas are poorly painted, so I will likely fix this. Another oddity is that the tires are actually resin (appears they mold the rim and tire as one unit on these). The calipers are decent and there are PE rotors.

Interior is ok but not spectacular (again, I compare to GT Spirit here and believe they do a MUCH better job). While I had the model apart, I did flock to create carpet and placed much better looking seatbelt in place of the terrible ones the model came with-I did use their PE buckles though as they look nice).

Lastly, the part that I disliked the most was the model’s ride height and wheel track. It sits extremely high right out of the box and the wheels sit far too deep in the wheel wells. I naturally fixed these errors (my model edit pics are below).

The final thing I found I actually liked on the model was the fact that Spark did the windows in a multi-part design; they are two piece units on each side of the car with a PE frame for the window trim (giving the windows some depth and detail). I still changed mine though, as will be seen below.

These are the changes I made to the model.

My Main office Displays

My home office got a complete revamp and upgrade. New wall of displays (moved from my garage), new desk set up opposite bed with some open shelving to feature models on over time as well.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Jase G's Collection -January 2019 Update

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:05 pm

That looks stellar!

HAROMASTER

Post by HAROMASTER » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:21 pm

Id never get out of bed

mazspd3jase

Post by mazspd3jase » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:54 am

HAROMASTER wrote:Id never get out of bed
its a pretty awesome room to wake up in ( and go to sleep in)

Marcel171281

Post by Marcel171281 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:06 pm

That is so cool!

Return to “Member Collections”