SPhilli911's 1/18 911s

Create your own page to highlight your diecast collection and latest additions.
SPhilli911

Re: SPhilli911's 1/18 911s

Post by SPhilli911 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:42 am

Got in a bit of a situation buying the Autoart 930 Turbo 3.0 in green. On ebay the item was supposedly located in Australia, it was a good price, high but reasonable for a "new" item. Received the item and it was from Russia... okay, weird. Open the car and it's got a defect, it's missing the black decal/ paint in front of the rear wheels on the passenger side of the car (I can post pictures later).

Now the seller is refusing to let me send it back to Russia but insisting I send it to a US address, which comes up with sketchy results when searched online, like it's a scam. And he's only offering to refund shipping.

I'm not sure what to do yet, I've never dealt with this sorta thing before. I'm not too happy about this.

Atalante

Post by Atalante » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:04 am

SPhilli911 wrote:Got in a bit of a situation buying the Autoart 930 Turbo 3.0 in green. On ebay the item was supposedly located in Australia, it was a good price, high but reasonable for a "new" item. Received the item and it was from Russia... okay, weird. Open the car and it's got a defect, it's missing the black decal/ paint in front of the rear wheels on the passenger side of the car (I can post pictures later).

Now the seller is refusing to let me send it back to Russia but insisting I send it to a US address, which comes up with sketchy results when searched online, like it's a scam. And he's only offering to refund shipping.

I'm not sure what to do yet, I've never dealt with this sorta thing before. I'm not too happy about this.
People selling models that they didn't own. When you ordered it they got it from where-ever in the world it was available using a search engine robot and had it shipped directly to you taking they cut on it. Of course the descriptions on the original post were BS (fake location and condition) but that seller seems to be located in the US. If the purchase was done through ebay with Paypal you are protected so I wouldn't worry too much, just really annoying.

SPhilli911

Post by SPhilli911 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:16 am

Well, now the seller has agreed to let me send it back to Russia at the address I received it from (he asked me to pay return shipping, that doesn't seem right). I suppose all I can do is send it back and hope I see a refund? If no refund, Paypal/ Ebay will help out I guess. What a pain.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:16 am

Dirty! :evil:

SPhilli911

Post by SPhilli911 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:28 am

And very annoying! The car is fine otherwise, I even considered keeping it and trying to fix but the seller only offered to cover shipping costs instead of a reasonable partial refund. So no, I want it gone but it's already been difficult. The sellers messages are brief and suspicious, he even asked me to wait a little while before shipping back.

So, I already found and bought a replacement, but now I have to wait to see how this issue is resolved. I've never come across this BS in all my years using ebay.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:20 am

Start the process now! Assholes!!

karlis

Post by karlis » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:59 pm

SPhilli911 wrote:And very annoying! The car is fine otherwise, I even considered keeping it and trying to fix but the seller only offered to cover shipping costs instead of a reasonable partial refund. So no, I want it gone but it's already been difficult. The sellers messages are brief and suspicious, he even asked me to wait a little while before shipping back.
I would do the same. If they offer discount, then fix it, but if no discount, then a full return including shipping fees. And their actions are a bit stupid, because it will be more expensive for them to process refund than to give say 30 - 40$ refund.

This is why I only buy when there are pictures of all sides. I have seen "mint" models with decals missing and windscreen wipers broken.

I am currently looking at one Viper Green 911 on eBay listed with re-glued mirror, but it looks not worse than many factory jobs... so what should I do, price is $300 shipped :D Soo expensive, but cheapest I have seen this year. (I can only buy from EU, when importing HK, US, AU, Canada, I have extra tax 21% on all including shipping which is around 40$ - 50$ in those cases).

SPhilli911

Post by SPhilli911 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:42 pm

The good news is that the seller accepted my return request and sent me a pre-paid label, but it's for a return to Florida not to Russia where the car came from, but I'm sending it anyways since it's all thorough normal ebay channels, so I feel no risk to do so. Just means I have to make a trip to the post office and wait for a refund.

The sorta bad news is that the replacement model I got was a bit more expensive than the first model, but it had more pictures of the item and is from a more reputable seller.

Good luck with your search for the Viper green one karlis! I'm going to find a brown one next. 8-)

karlis

Post by karlis » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:48 pm

I hope the return procedure works out for you and all ends up well. I always hate these situations, but it happens from time to time. Everything will work out well one way or another!

I will follow KRAFTIG's advice and sit and wait for an unusual deal this time ;-) I already have two old rare 911S as a result. Didn't need another one, but the deal on the second one was too good.

SPhilli911

Post by SPhilli911 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:41 am

Yeah, I think it's time for me to be more patient with buying models. I jumped on the first car to become available at (what I thought was) a good deal for a rare car and look what happens. To be fair, I don't know for a fact the seller was attempting to scam me, but until I get a full refund it is still an annoyance to deal with.

In the seller's defense, there were no pictures in the Ebay listing of the right side of the car, which I should have requested. That would have shown the defect and the whole mess would have been avoided.

Now I'm waiting for the replacement car, which is from a far more reputable seller with all positive feedback and the car was shown from all angles this time. It also just so happens to be the most expensive model I've ever purchased, so lesson not learned yet. :oops: :lol:

karlis

Post by karlis » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:43 am

SPhilli911 wrote:In the seller's defense, there were no pictures in the Ebay listing of the right side of the car, which I should have requested. That would have shown the defect and the whole mess would have been avoided.
Yes, some may call me anal or OCD patient, but pics from all sides and angles usually let to avoid the most criminal issues. Just today I bailed out of one deal thanks to visible paint rash on pictures I requested. (although seller does not admit that there are paint problems, says he can not see any problem)

Which seller was it in your case? I rarely order from Australia due to taxes, and I am sure there was no scam, just very strange business model, but it may help avoid others this situation.

SPhilli911

Post by SPhilli911 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:57 pm

The seller was prodriveracing on Ebay. I'd like to be clear, even though my situation was a major annoyance, the seller hasn't done any wrongdoing (yet?) and I definitely could have been more cautious when buying the car. However, the seller's profile says they are listed in Australia, but the item was sent from Russia so that was a bit strange. On top of that the return location was neither Australia or Russia, it all feels a little unusual.

I suppose if you or anyone here encounters this seller to be aware of this though.

SPhilli911

Post by SPhilli911 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:36 am

It just keeps getting better! The second Viper Green Autoart 3.0 Turbo I got on ebay is damaged as well! The seller messaged me telling me it was damaged somehow and he will not ship, but offered to send a silver 3.0 instead.

Well, I will keep looking. Hopefully Kraftig is right and Autoart will do another run of the Turbos.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:57 pm

THEY WILL! ;)

karlis

Post by karlis » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:45 pm

Sounds like you have the unicorn. For me it is Autoart Diablo Roadster, 2 models already sent back (both with serious faults).

As for Viper Green 911, there is one that looks perfect from all sides, but no box and mirror is glued according to description (although it is almost invisible on pictures). Price is good too. I was (am) looking at it, but thanks to KRAFTIG decided (or it seems so for now) to wait :D

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AutoArt-Porsch ... Sw2DFZtQxA

Return to “Member Collections”