How do you strip a Minichamps DB9 ? And where do you get spares

Post some your successes and tips that keep you diecast collection in tip top shape!
jakeeaton127

How do you strip a Minichamps DB9 ? And where do you get spares

Post by jakeeaton127 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:50 am

Hello, this is my first post on here and the first Minichamps car I own. I received it for Christmas and upon opening the box it appears the steering rack has had the piece attaching the left wheel to the rack has come off. I have found the piece that has broken off in the box and I was going to either glue it together or find a spare. However, I can't take the body off I can't find anything on Google and I can't find any screws on the car.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks Jake

[KRAFTIG]

Re: How do you strip a Minichamps DB9 ? And where do you get spares

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:15 am

Hi, welcome. I wish I could help but my experience in disassembly is minimal. What I can offer the basic genesis assembly-wise is usually the same from brands, a series of screws attaching the chassis to the body. At some point, a little persuasion might be required to pull the pieces apart... As for parts, try connecting with Minichamps as there are no depots for aftermarket parts unless you get someone to 3D print, though this gets expensive.

Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer » Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:01 pm

I am not specifically familiar with this model but have considerable experience with customizing other 1/18 scale diecast.

If you could post some pictures, especially of the bottom, I would be pleased to help you out.

jakeeaton127

Post by jakeeaton127 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:19 pm

Hello, thanks for the responses but I was just looking at it to take photos and the under tray at the front popped off so now I can access the front wheels. I have contacted minichamps to see if a replacement is possible

Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer » Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:32 pm

If you have a picture of the steering link, I might be able to talk you through a repair scenario.

Highly unlikely that Minichamps will have a spare.

Let me know.

Return to “Model Care & Replacement Parts”