Hello from Canada Via Toronto Area :)

Say hello! Tell us about you and your collection.
Mr.Impreza

Hello from Canada Via Toronto Area :)

Post by Mr.Impreza » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:01 am

Hey, so a little about my past. I used to collect Jada Toys 1:64, 1:24 & 1:18 when I was in high school.

Later I progressed to Autoart 1:18 however I stopped for a few years since interests changed.

Lately I've decided to return back to collecting and I'm interested in collecting Kyosho Samurai models, hence how I found about this site since it kept coming up every time i search a specific model haha.

Anyways, I'll try to stay active and show the models I buy from here on.

My most recent has been a Autoart 1:18 86 since I owned the car, but I don't really plan to keep collecting Autoart anymore because lately they make models I want...like I prefer Japanese cars generally and the only ones that interest me from them are the Initial D versions but I already have the Jada Toys 1:64, 1:24 & 1:18 version of them so kind of pointless.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Hello from Canada Via Toronto Area :)

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:22 am

Hello fellow Torontonian, welcome to DS!

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:53 am

Hey, another welcome from Toronto

I drive the 86 now and collect mostly JDMs. I mod them too, so if you're interested in that and have IG, add me @stratoswrc_jdm

How's that STI treating you?

Mr.Impreza

Post by Mr.Impreza » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:19 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:Hello fellow Torontonian, welcome to DS!
Thanks a lot! You have a superb website! Love the information on here, really easy to follow especially for someone who has been out of collecting for a few years haha.
StratosWRC wrote:Hey, another welcome from Toronto

I drive the 86 now and collect mostly JDMs. I mod them too, so if you're interested in that and have IG, add me @stratoswrc_jdm

How's that STI treating you?
Thanks a lot!

Whoa nice! How are you enjoying the twins? :D
Any mods? Or stock?
I really miss mine, but I was just in this situation where my FRS was a lease and we had a baby on the way, so I did a lease take-over since buying it out at the end wasn't financially the right thing to do since I could use that money on a 4 door car.
Been enjoying the STI, I always loved them and my first car was a 2002 WRX bugeye, so it felt great coming back to the Subaru cars. I wanted a fun family car, not a boring one haha :)
I plan to buy a BRZ/86 in the future again, since the 86/BRZ are truly special cars and the handling feel they offer....not even the STI can touch them or give the same feel. I always say, the 86/BRZ, they remind me of pure driving cars from back in the 90's which in my opinion was the best era of Japanese sports cars.

Anyways, checked out your IG, wow you are talented my friend!
I'm also into collecting JDM models so I'll add you through my wife's IG, since I don't have my own :P

~

By the way 2 questions for both of you.
1. Where do you guys usually buy your models? Online or is there any good hobby shops around? The only one I know of is at Pacific Mall in Markham.
2. Is there any community meet ups? I know I've seen guys in like Hong Kong or Malaysia, where they sometimes meet up and do photo shoots and stuff. Would be pretty cool :)

~

By the way, here was how my FRS looked :)

And my STI

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:39 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated!

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:28 am

My 86 is stock but I put about 11K into it already haha. Only changes under the hood are inlet tube and high flow filter. The rest is all exterior, interior, wheels, exhaust etc. Hoping to turbo it some day but I am enjoying it a lot. Redline it at least once a day.

As for the models, there are tons of places. I think I know the Pmall store you're talking about. There are also:

Toronto Motorsports
Mini Grid
Collector Studio (no JDMs here)
Small Cars, Big Cigars
Ferri Diecast

Then there are the online stores like nicecardiecast.com. Kijiji is pretty good too, and obviously ebay.

Not aware of any community events though.

STI looks great!

Return to “New Member Introductions”