[Model Review]: Amalgam 1:12 Ferrari Laferrari

Review or compare your diecast models here. Manufacture versus manufacture or brand versus brand.
Forum rules
Welcome to the the DS "Model Reviews" forum. The rules here are quite simple. Please build your review thread with detailed information and photos as you would any other post, but please adhere to the few simple rules below. Any questions please direct to Administrators or Moderators. Thank you the DS staff.

1) ADD "REVIEW:" to the beginning of your description field
2) Separate EACH photo with 1 line spacing
Hanako

[Model Review]: Amalgam 1:12 Ferrari Laferrari

Post by Hanako » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:22 pm

AMALGAM FINE MODEL CARS 1:12 FERRARI LAFERRARI

The 1:1..
LaFerrari (also known as the F70, and by its project name, F150) is a limited production hybrid sports car built by Ferrari. The car and its name were officially unveiled at the 2013 Geneva Auto Show. It is based on findings from testing of the Ferrari FXX and on research being conducted by the Millechili Project at the University of Modena. Association with the Millechili Project led to speculation during development that the car would weigh under 1,000 kg (2,205 lb), but a dry weight of 1,255 kg (2,767 lb) was claimed. Only 499 units will be built and each will cost more than £1 million.

LaFerrari is the first mild hybrid from Ferrari, providing the highest power output of any Ferrari whilst decreasing fuel consumption by 40 percent. LaFerrari's mid rear mounted 65° V12 Internal Combustion Engine has a 6.3 litre (6262 cc) capacity producing 800 PS (588 kW, 789 bhp) @ 9,000 rpm and 700 N·m (516 lb·ft) of torque @ 6,750 rpm, supplemented by a 163 PS (120 kW; 161 bhp) KERS unit (called HY-KERS), which will provide short bursts of extra power. Unlike conventional hybrid vehicles, in which either the electric motor or the internal combustion engine is running, the KERS system adds extra power to the combustion engine's output level for a total of 963 PS (708 kW; 950 bhp) and the total torque generated by the V12 ICE together with the electric motor being over 900 N·m (664 lb·ft). Ferrari claims CO2 emissions of 330 g/km. The engine's bore and stroke is 94×75.2 mm with a compression ratio of 13.5:1 and a specific power output of 128 metric horsepower per litre. It is connected to a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission and the car is rear-wheel drive.

The car is equipped with carbon-ceramic Brembo discs on the front (398 mm) and rear (380 mm), with the tires measuring 265/30 R 19 and 345/30 R 20 respectively.

LaFerrari uses a carbon fibre monocoque structure developed by Ferrari's F1 technical director Rory Byrne, with a claimed 27 percent more torsional rigidity and 22 percent more beam stiffness than the Enzo. It has a double wishbone suspension in the front and a multi-link suspension in the rear.

LaFerrari has a number of electronic controls including ESC stability control, high performance ABS/EBD anti-lock braking system/electronic brake balance, EF1-Trac F1 electronic traction control integrated with the hybrid system, E-Diff 3 third generation electronic differential, SCM-E Frs magnetorheological damping with twin solenoids (Al-Ni tube), and active aerodynamics to enable maximum performance.

Ferrari states that the car has a top speed exceeding 350 km/h (217 mph), and that it is capable of reaching 100 km/h (62 mph) in under three seconds, 200 km/h (124 mph) in under seven seconds, and a speed of 300 km/h (186 mph) in 15 seconds. Ferrari also claim that the car has lapped its Fiorano Test Circuit in under 1 minute and 20 seconds which is faster than any other road-legal car Ferrari has ever produced.

LaFerrari received no input from Pininfarina, making it the first Ferrari since the Bertone-styled 1973 Dino 308 GT4 not to have Pininfarina bodywork or other styling. This decision is a rare exception to the collaboration between Ferrari and Pininfarina that began in 1951. However, Ferrari has stated that two new models designed jointly with Pininfarina are yet to be unveiled and that there are no plans to end business relations with Pininfarina.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Model..
"The Laferrari made by Amalgam Fine Model Cars. is a masterpiece! Every little detailing is there! One look and you can tell it's a luxury model. So good for home display! Also it is only limited to 499 pcs worldwide and each of this fine model cars takes months to complete. You can see that the little detailing is crafted perfectly. Also the carbon fiber options on this model is so great! It comes with a carbon fiber base. Model does not really weigh very heavily as it is 'Resin'. Also, This model comes with some paper & cert. But you can keep them in the box as you do not want to dirty the cert. And the limited edition tag is already tagged on base. Brakes and calipers are highly detailed! No doubt for its detail since it was made by the legendary Amalgam! If only this was resin + opening parts. I can get to display with doors up. :okay:
Also paint by Amalgam fine models are very perfectly made. That finishing :wow: "
- Charice
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Brand: Amalgam Fine Model Cars
Model: Ferrari Laferrari
Scale: 1:12
Color: Rosso Corsa w/ Nero roof
Limited: 499
Specs: Carbon Fiber Options everywhere. Launch specs.
"How I wish they made the veneno. if they do, It would be my next buy :woot: "

Limited Edition Tag

Front View

Headlights

How about zooming in for detailing?

Ferrari badge

Front Intake

Front Wheels

Zooming into calipers

Side Aero flow.

Rear Wheels

Side View

My favourite part of model. 'rear'

You can see the wires in the engine

Tail Lights

Engine "Look at that carbon engine manifold!"

Rear-Side View

Interior

Image[/size]

[KRAFTIG]

Re: [Model Review]: Amalgam 1:12 Ferrari Laferrari

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:58 am

Wow nice addition! The model looks exceptional from all angles. What did this puppy set you back? TX.

Hanako

Post by Hanako » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:52 am

[KRAFTIG] wrote:Wow nice addition! The model looks exceptional from all angles. What did this puppy set you back? TX.
This model costs me 1,900 Singapore Dollars after discount from a local store. :okay:

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:13 am

$1657.51 CND! :wow:

jface

Post by jface » Sun May 04, 2014 7:45 pm

Wowwwwww. Jealous nice add

Mikey MKIV

Post by Mikey MKIV » Tue May 06, 2014 10:40 pm

That is stunning, but I cant believe its no opening parts! That must be all of their 1/8's, i didnt know they did sealed resins. The 1/8 version of this with opening doors/hood is just insane.

Kwando

Post by Kwando » Tue May 06, 2014 10:41 pm

Nice! If only it had opening parts..

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:46 pm

Hanako wrote:
[KRAFTIG] wrote:Wow nice addition! The model looks exceptional from all angles. What did this puppy set you back? TX.
This model costs me 1,900 Singapore Dollars after discount from a local store. :okay:
Hi, can you let me know which singapore store you brought this from?

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:32 am

[email protected] wrote:
Hanako wrote:
Hi, can you let me know which singapore store you brought this from?
This person is no longer a member here. Thread closed. Thank you.

Return to “Model Reviews”