REVIEW: Minichmaps Mercedes-Benz 300SL

Review or compare your diecast models here. Manufacture versus manufacture or brand versus brand.
Forum rules
Welcome to the the DS "Model Reviews" forum. The rules here are quite simple. Please build your review thread with detailed information and photos as you would any other post, but please adhere to the few simple rules below. Any questions please direct to Administrators or Moderators. Thank you the DS staff.

1) ADD "REVIEW:" to the beginning of your description field
2) Separate EACH photo with 1 line spacing
simono95

REVIEW: Minichmaps Mercedes-Benz 300SL

Post by simono95 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:16 pm

Where to begin with this one, fastest car of its time, race car for the street, first road car with gull wings or the beautiful craftsmanship. I guess I'll start with that I was expecting to receive the hobby edition of silver over red, pleasantly surprised to be greeted by the stunning box of the Dealer edition.

Now, on to the model itself, the only way to describe it, jaw-dropping, what a thing of beauty Minichmaps made, this is definitely in the running for the most beautiful car in my collection(butting heads with the current No1 the 250 swb), all the essential details are there and then some. The paint work is flawless and the decals are nice and crisp. The chrome work on the bumpers, wipers, side intakes and especially in the wheel hubs is excellent. The interior is just simply a work of art, I really like the use of the cream colour for the roof and steering wheel to contrast with the red interior.

Engine detail is strong as is the rear storage area with the spare tire and body colour hull, which is only on the dealer edition.

Overall this is just a fantastic piece form minichamps. Now I'm a fairly keen Mercedes fan, but this is an important car and should definitely be considered for any collection.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: REVIEW: Minichmaps Mercedes-Benz 300SL

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:50 pm

It's a very good piece, back from Minichamps hay days! When this colour combo was originally released (I believe back in 2009) it was considered Dealer Special Edition. Seems good old Minichamps has taken a step back in many regards in their latest attempts at scale modeling...

Return to “Model Reviews”