Review Audi R8 V10 Plus Premier Edition by Maisto 1/18 Scale

Review or compare your diecast models here. Manufacture versus manufacture or brand versus brand.
Forum rules
Welcome to the the DS "Model Reviews" forum. The rules here are quite simple. Please build your review thread with detailed information and photos as you would any other post, but please adhere to the few simple rules below. Any questions please direct to Administrators or Moderators. Thank you the DS staff.

1) ADD "REVIEW:" to the beginning of your description field
2) Separate EACH photo with 1 line spacing
sushi2526

Review Audi R8 V10 Plus Premier Edition by Maisto 1/18 Scale

Post by sushi2526 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:30 pm

Hi everyone. This is my first time making a review of my scale model. I have a small video that I made for this specific model. I also would appreciate any suggestions, tips and tricks to improve my photos or the overall execution of a video review.

Thank you in advance.

https://youtu.be/WkssYH4HOYI

https://youtu.be/WkssYH4HOYI

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Review Audi R8 V10 Plus Premier Edition by Maisto 1/18 S

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:01 am

If you're going to video, use moving pictures not stills, I don't see the point otherwise. Second loose the captions and use a speaking voice, captions are find to pin point or highlights unique features. Cheers!

Atalante

Post by Atalante » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:59 pm

I personally like videos made with stills. Unless you have professional equipment with the skills to go with it the focus is much better with stills. As for the captions it’s a no no.

sushi2526

Post by sushi2526 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:26 am

Thank you for the suggestions. I do not have enough equipment to make proper videos. I just took the stills with a phone camera with the model on a white sheet of paper.

I guess I will start voice with still photos for my next video.

ATEOTD

Post by ATEOTD » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:47 pm

Sorry to hijack this review thread, but I just got my R8 (in white), and I've got a shot of the open engine bay for everyone to see :D :

The glass opened easily on mine, but that's because there's a very noticeable gap there. The doors, however, are kind of tricky, even with the little tool that came with it.

EDIT: I just noticed mine is labeled "Exclusive Edition", as opposed to "Premier". I don't know how big a difference that makes.

sushi2526

Post by sushi2526 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:48 pm

It is good to see that it opens. I later saw other reviews where they were able to open it. But I tried to open and felt that the plastic would break. Lately many of my models were damaged by me (bloody side mirrors). So I did not want to take any risk with them. Sadly I am not even touching my models in a fear that I would break something else.

Return to “Model Reviews”