Your Rarest Model

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
SPhilli911

Your Rarest Model

Post by SPhilli911 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:28 pm

Let's see if this topic catches on! :okay:

What is your rarest model car? Or, in other words, what is your most prized car that you would never let go, because it would be damn near impossible to find again?

My collection isn't as impressive as many of you here, so for me it is my 1/18 scale Porsche 911 Carrera RS 3.0 by Spark in red. No idea how many were made, but you never see these for sale. Took me years to track one down and that was dumb luck! Even got it for a very reasonable price. Available in 2 colors, red with gold decals or white with gold. I've only seen two for sale ever, with one white one for sale on Ebay right now at a ridiculous $1040 USD!

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Your Rarest Model

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:13 pm

LOL, I remember asking to buy mine. Glad you found one! $1000+ is nuts! I paid less than $100CND for it!!! :crazy:

This is easy for me, 1:18 Holden EFIJY Concept from Classic Carlectibles. Hunted one down for years after coming back to the hobby... One of favourite, it not the favourite scale piece in my collection. There is something about this car that just does it for me... :love:

Marcel171281

Post by Marcel171281 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:06 am

mmmm, that's not so easy actually....

I would say this one:

Not everyone's cup of tea maybe, but I adore these type of cars. Made by Kyosho, over 20 years old now.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:52 am

That is very cool! Lotus right?

Marcel171281

Post by Marcel171281 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:23 am

Yup,

1972 Lotus Europa Special

JamesonsViggen

Post by JamesonsViggen » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:03 am

I honestly don't know for sure out of 800 cars. My Autoart Jeep Grand Wagoneer, DeLorean are both rare, sentimental and valuable. My wife bought me my CMC SLR before we got married, another one I'd never sell. I have a few cars which are numbered and under 100 produced.

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:50 am

Used to have this opening RWB 911 based on the autoart. Think that was limited to 100

I have the Mugen Type-R that comes up on ebay once every 6 months for exorbitant prices and actually sells. Haven't even unpacked it yet. Wires are still intact! This was a grail for years

Had this absolutely gorgeous Aston Zagato in Goodwood Green. They disappeared quick. I think limited to 500 pieces?

The Bali Blue CMC 901

TSM Tyrrell P34 test version with the snorkel - highly desirable and very rare even back then

SPhilli911

Post by SPhilli911 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:37 am

Awesome posts everyone, some impressive models!

I know a lot of you have some massive collections that put mine to shame! Over the years I'm sure many of you have come across some true gems of models. I'm sure, also, some of those gems are no longer in your possession since you didn't know at the time how rare they would be.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:52 am

SPhilli911 wrote:Awesome posts everyone, some impressive models!

I know a lot of you have some massive collections that put mine to shame! Over the years I'm sure many of you have come across some true gems of models. I'm sure, also, some of those gems are no longer in your possession since you didn't know at the time how rare they would be.
I personally rarely sell models from my personal collection, though my biggest regret was selling my rare Lamborghini Jota SVR - Orange (No Wing) after buying the Red with wing! :wall:

Marcel171281

Post by Marcel171281 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:53 am

SPhilli911 wrote:Awesome posts everyone, some impressive models!

I have never sold a model in my life. Just being very affraid of what Kraftig just said.
Kraftig wrote:I personally rarely sell models from my personal collection, though my biggest regret was selling my rare Lamborghini Jota SVR - Orange (No Wing) after buying the Red with wing! :wall:
Indeed :wall: :wall: :doh: :doh: :shame: :shame:

SPhilli911

Post by SPhilli911 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:14 pm

I feel you kraftig, that Jota is gorgeous, I think I might prefer it over the winged version! I've sold quite a few models I wish I kept, but I simply don't have the room (or money) to keep a large collection. However, there are models I will never sell, even if I were somehow forced to get rid of more models.

For example, this 1/18 Porsche 911 GT2 (993) from GT Spirit, the dark blue car. It's not the most rare model and, quite frankly, it's not the best quality either and is sealed (even this old UT model is better quality!). It's special to me because, for one, it's my favorite car of all time, color and all.

And it just so happens to be the very last numbered model too, #300 of 300. Not that it matters, but it's pretty cool to have it.

And I will never sell these Autoart 911 Turbos. The colors are desirable and hard to find at reasonable prices these days.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:35 pm

Everyone has their intricacies when it comes to collecting... What one values, some else may not see the same value. This is another reason I love this hobby! I wouldn't sell those AUTOart Porsches either.

Boy from Ozz

Post by Boy from Ozz » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:23 am

Dirty versions, not many made

Mr.Impreza

Post by Mr.Impreza » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:03 am

@Boy from Ozz Holy smokes! Those looks insanely detailed!
What Brand made those and what scale are they?

Boy from Ozz

Post by Boy from Ozz » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:53 am

Thanks mate, both Exoto 1:18, i think they one of the best, considering how many years ago they were made.
I have about 40 of them, never get tired of seeing and finding new things on the models

Return to “General Discussion”