Ignition Model Scale Wheels?

The latest in diecast headlines and DS website updates.
[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:43 am

We thought this was pretty interesting, the team at Ignition Model will be issuing a 1:6 scale replica of popular Asian tuner wheel, the Nismo LM GT4 wheel to be exact.  The 18 x 9.0" wheel is 3D scanned and available in four colours.  They include White, Bronze, Silver and Black.  We think is a cool idea.  Something AUTOart touched upon in 1:18 scale many years back.  Hopefully Ignition Model will expand to BBS and other popular brands too.  If interested they don't come cheap, about $150CND a piece.

.: SEE MORE :.

Mr.Impreza

Re: Ignition Model Scale Wheels?

Post by Mr.Impreza » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:21 pm

Why?
There is a demand for this type of collecting? I honestly don't see the point.

I can understand collecting model cars since the real ones cost a lot, or are hard to come by, or you don't have the space....but wheels? I mean you could just buy the real one for display purposes or better yet, buy a set for your car haha.

Anyways....maybe I'm being too unkind towards this....but I don't understand the reasoning as to why someone would want to pay that much for a 1:6 wheel.

~

A cool idea would of been to make 1:18 wheels that you could replace your your current models. Now that's an idea :P

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:01 pm

I think its kinda cool if the price was more reasonable. AUTOart did this years back, I don't believe it was overly successful.

Malscar

Post by Malscar » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:29 am

Ignition have already done a few different wheels, but I agree with others, why not buy a real rim for that price.

Here is a link to what they have done and have announced
http://ig-model.com/lineup/?c=goods

Return to “Latest Diecast News and Site Updates”