Tell us what this hobby means to you? 14 questions answered by you, Antonio Arenas Delgado from Valladolid, Spain.
We’re always looking for more collectors to feature on DiecastSociety.com Diecast Collector Of The Month (DCOTM). Click HERE for all the details! ** Remember, for your efforts all winning candidates will be mailed a pair of www.DiecastSociety.com decals! **
1) What first got you collecting diecast? How long have you been collecting? What is your total model count as of today?
I’m a big fan of cars. I’ve been collecting for about 5 years and now I have 150 models in my collection.
2) What was your first diecast or memory?
Lamborghini Gallardo – AUTOart.
3) What is your favourite scale, and why?
1:18 I think it is the right size to collect. The details are well appreciated.
4) What are some of your favourite models to date? Did you share any photos with us?
Pagani Zonda, Veyron, CCX, Agera by AUTOart. Enzo by BBR.
5) Is there a model that has eluded you, a holy grail of sorts?
Lamborghini Murciélago 40th anniversary and some more…
6) What is your favorite brand/manufacturer, and why?
AUTOart. They are good models and good quality. Although the last models of composite have disappointed me enough. They do not have good balance of quality/price.
7) Describe your current theme and what your overall goal is?
Sports and super sports. I also have high-end saloons and SUVs, And some Fernando Alonso F1. My goal to keep collecting.
8) Do you display your collection? If yes, how?
Only once in photos and friends coming home.
9) Do you have any other hobbies, passions or addictions?
I like to practice all kinds of sports.
10) What do you think about the diecast hobby as it stands today?
Too many models in resin and very high prices in general.
11) If you could change one thing about the diecast hobby what would that be?
I would eliminate resins and lower prices.
12) Do you modify cars? If yes, what are some examples?
13) What does your spouse, partner or significant other think of your hobby and your collection?
She does not have any problem with it.
14) What is your daily driver?
Audi A5 Sportback 2.0 TFSI Multitronic 225cv.