Tell us what this hobby means to you? 14 questions answered by you, Arinaya from Izhevsk, Russia.
We’re always looking for more collectors to feature on DiecastSociety.com Diecast Collector Of The Month (DCOTM). Click HERE for all the details! ** Remember, for your efforts all winning candidates will be mailed a pair of www.DiecastSociety.com decals! **
1) What first got you collecting diecast? How long have you been collecting? What is your total model count as of today?
I’ve been fond of car design since childhood. Automotive magic has always attracted me. When I discovered the world of large-scale models, I wanted to have before my eyes beautiful works of automobile design. from 2014 I am collecting the 18th scale and the general theme of the collection is supercars and tuning everyday cars.
2) What was your first diecast or memory?
My first car was made of metal. Chevrolet Chevelle SS 1966 1/24 Maisto.
3) What is your favourite scale, and why?
I bought different scales, but I like to look at big shapes (.) (.). Joke!
4) What are some of your favourite models to date? Did you share any photos with us?
Oh sure. I buy only those that I like and something that excites the heart or soul.
5) Is there a model that has eluded you, a holy grail of sorts?
Yes, on this model the price is very soared over the past two years! Exoto Porsche 935 Turbo (1976) Dijon 6 Hours, driven by Ickx/Mass, World Champion.
6) What is your favourite brand/manufacturer, and why?
‘GT Spirit’ for cheapness, ‘CMC’ – for the quality of models, ‘AUTOart’ – for the golden mean between the first two.
7) Describe your current theme and what your overall goal is?
These are supercars, beautiful tuning cars and a great classic. There is no purpose in this, it is a process. And the process is very pleasant. I photograph them, discuss and dream about the unattainable!
8) Do you display your collection? If yes, how?
Yes, but very limited, because we have a number of different people living nearby. Including violating the law. I hope you understand why I do not speak my name?
9) Do you have any other hobbies, passions or addictions?
Of course. This is sport, photography and computer games.
10) What do you think about the diecast hobby as it stands today?
And what can I think of him? While the factories produce models, people will buy, remodel and enjoy them. If manufacturers start producing realistic car holograms instead of diecast and they will look natural, then why not?
11) If you could change one thing about the diecast hobby what would that be?
I want to see the real machines in these smaller copies. Now the technology allows you to install internal, external lighting and engine sound! Inexpensive is all.
12) Do you modify cars? If yes, what are some examples?
No, there is not enough strong desire.
13) What does your spouse, partner or significant other think of your hobby and your collection?
Calmly applies. We understand each other’s desires and aspirations.
14) What is your daily driver?
Handrail public transport. Inexpensive and safe.