Tell us what this hobby means to you? 14 questions answered by you, Christopher Teubner, Naumburg Germany.
We’re always looking for more collectors to feature on DiecastSociety.com Diecast Collector Of The Month (DCOTM). Click HERE for all the details! ** Remember, for your efforts all winning candidates will be mailed a pair of www.DiecastSociety.com decals! **
1) What first got you collecting diecast? How long have you been collecting? What is your total model count as of today?
Through my son… I’ve always picked up cool models from the store, but I’ve never considered myself a collector…
2) What was your first diecast or memory?
When I really started consciously collecting, three treasure hunts were my first finds.
3) What is your favourite scale, and why?
5-star reviews. Living up to its diecast name… Diecast_Allstars = Allstars based on 5 stars or all models.
4) What are some of your favourite models to date? Did you share any photos with us?
I have shared photos of my favourites, you can see 1:64 is the primary theme.
5) Is there a model that has eluded you, a holy grail of sorts?
Den hör Wheels Lamborghini Chase (Exotic envi)
6) What is your favourite brand/manufacturer, and why?
MatchBox and Hot Wheels! Basically, everything that is supreme is found in these brands!
7) Describe your current theme and what your overall goal is?
Currently, a topic of discussion on my Instagram page is Hot Wheels vs Matchbox. I stick with these two brands for the most part.
8) Do you display your collection? If yes, how?
Yessssssss… Not in the traditional sense, on Instagram through reels pictures videos and unboxing videos!
9) Do you have any other hobbies, passions or addictions?
Yes! Downhill skiing and building dioramas. Unfortunately, for me, I’m a true beginner in both hobbies. But I’m slowly improving in each!
10) What do you think about the diecast hobby as it stands today?
For me, I think it’s cool! With 1:64 the value proposition is still high for the most part. The selection is good and when space comes at a premium this scale shines!
11) If you could change one thing about the diecast hobby what would that be?
The miserable resellers! People are in the hobby for all the wrong reasons, they are not aligned with the true core values of the hobby and focus on profit over passion.
12) Do you modify cars? If yes, what are some examples?
Yes. Wheels swap and lowering suspensions are common updates with me. I’m currently exploring new modifications, extending wheel arches, sills, etc.
13) What does your spouse, partner or significant other think of your hobby and your collection?
No harm done here! I’m a single dad… There’s nothing better!!
14) What is your daily driver?
2020 Volkswagen Golf GTD.