Tell us what this hobby means to you? 14 questions answered by you, Dmitry Zverkov from Podolsk, Russia.
We’re always looking for more collectors to feature on DiecastSociety.com Diecast Collector Of The Month (DCOTM). Click HERE for all the details! ** Remember, for your efforts all winning candidates will be mailed a pair of www.DiecastSociety.com decals! **
1) What first got you collecting diecast? How long have you been collecting? What is your total model count as of today?
Simple, for the love for real Mercedes cars. Since I was about 15 years old. To date 301 models, all in 1:18 scale.
2) What was your first diecast or memory?
My first ever model is the 1:18 Mercedes-Benz 280SE (1967) by Maisto.
3) What is your favourite scale, and why?
No preferences. I like them all!
4) What are some of your favourite models to date? Did you share any photos with us?
Haha… Each road has its own way. Everyone’s in my collection is a favourite for one reason or another.
5) Is there a model that has eluded you, a holy grail of sorts?
I do! But I don’t want to give that information as I may just jink it!
6) What is your favourite brand/manufacturer, and why?
For me, the manufacturer is not very important, but the prototype is more important.
7) Describe your current theme and what your overall goal is?
Anything Mercedes-Benz! Preferably in 1:18. My goal is 600 models.
8) Do you display your collection? If yes, how?
Yes. A small private museum in a rented space. Access is free by prior arrangement.
9) Do you have any other hobbies, passions or addictions?
History and theology.
10) What do you think about the diecast hobby as it stands today?
My attitude is ambiguous. Not sure how I should answer this question. Perhaps I prefer metal.
11) If you could change one thing about the diecast hobby what would that be?
I can’t answer. My lips are sealed here.
12) Do you modify cars? If yes, what are some examples?
Sometimes I do. For example, the 500SLC Ricko is converted to the American version; the Mercedes 600 Sun Star to the 6-door version (long before the CMC).
13) What does your spouse, partner or significant other think of your hobby and your collection?
LOL, I don’t know. I started collecting after my marriage ended.
14) What is your daily driver?
Mercedes E240 W210.