Tell us what this hobby means to you? 14 questions answered by you, Ed Ted from Jakarta, Indonesia.
We’re always looking for more collectors to feature on DiecastSociety.com Diecast Collector Of The Month (DCOTM). Click HERE for all the details! ** Remember, for your efforts all winning candidates will be mailed a pair of www.DiecastSociety.com decals! **
1) What first got you collecting diecast? How long have you been collecting? What is your total model count as of today?
Just always liked cars I guess. I’ve been collecting pretty seriously for about 10 or so years. The model count is today is around 200 pieces.
2) What was your first diecast or memory?
It was a Bburago when I was in primary school. I could not remember which model though. It definitely made an impact!
3) What is your favourite scale, and why?
All my models are in 1:18 scale. This is the sweet spot for displaying for me. 1:12 is nice but they’re just too big to display. Space with collecting comes at a premium!
4) What are some of your favourite models to date? Did you share any photos with us?
I love all my CMCs, they are just on a different level detail-wise. I also love the AUTOart, their replica of the classic Mclaren F1 LM in Papaya Orange.
5) Is there a model that has eluded you, a holy grail of sorts?
The AUTOart 996 GT3RS.
6) What is your favourite brand/manufacturer, and why?
CMC, BBR in full metal diecast and AUTOart when they are still producing metal diecast models. LCD Models are also catching my attention lately.
7) Describe your current theme and what your overall goal is?
I mainly collect Ferrari and Porsche road cars with some super/hypercars in between.
8) Do you display your collection? If yes, how?
Yes, my entire collection is on display in custom cabinets. I’ve inlcuded photos to show everyone.
9) Do you have any other hobbies, passions or addictions?
Watches and movies!
10) What do you think about the diecast hobby as it stands today?
It is becoming a more and more niche hobby, and the prices lately aren’t helping either.
11) If you could change one thing about the diecast hobby what would that be?
For AUTOart to make models in diecast metal again. They were fantastic value back in the day… And for other manufacturers to make more openable models. Almost Real and LCD Models are fantastic lately in this regard.
12) Do you modify cars? If yes, what are some examples?
No, I don’t modify any of my models.
13) What does your spouse, partner or significant other think of your hobby and your collection?
She thinks I buy way too many models, as I’m sure everyone here also has experienced over the years. LOL!!
14) What is your daily driver?
Ted you have a trully great collection, with gorgeous model cars which are also very beautifully displayed. These custom cabinets are great and ideal for anyone’s collection. Thank you for sharing it with us!
Very well displayed collection. Congratulations.
That’s an impressive collection, beautifully displayed. Congratulations, Ed Ted!
Great collection, perfect display!
Some awesome pieces out there!
Very nice collection and display. I like the Japanese sports cars as well!
Thanks for the feature and the kind words gentlemen, they really mean a lot!
Our please sir!
Very nice and neat display! Congratulations on this feature and your partner’s patience. Usually only single collectors can afford this kind of full display.