Tell us what this hobby means to you? 14 questions answered by you, Faysal Karim Bhuiyan from Dhaka, Bangladesh.
We’re always looking for more collectors to feature on DiecastSociety.com Diecast Collector Of The Month (DCOTM). Click HERE for all the details! ** Remember, for your efforts all winning candidates will be mailed a pair of www.DiecastSociety.com decals! **
1) What first got you collecting diecast? How long have you been collecting? What is your total model count as of today?
I always had a love for cars and motorcycles. I loved the details on 1:18 and 1:10 scales. I have been collecting for almost 8 years now. I have 30 1:18 cars and 10 1:10 motorcycles.
2) What was your first diecast or memory?
Diecast scale models.
3) What is your favourite scale, and why?
1:18 for cars and 1:10 or 1:12 for motorcycles. I would say that it is the perfect scale to appreciate details.
4) What are some of your favourite models to date? Did you share any photos with us?
1:18 Jaguar E-type by AUTOart, 1:18 1962 Ferrari GTO by CMC, 1:18 Aston Martin DB5 by AUTOart, and 1:10 Triumph Bonville by Franklin Mint Precision Models. There are so so so much more to mention here.
5) Is there a model that has eluded you, a holy grail of sorts?
1:18 1962 Ferrari GTO by CMC Racing Red.
6) What is your favourite brand/manufacturer, and why?
AUTOart (diecast not composite) – well detailed for the money and Welly – the castings definitely needs to improve but it is very good for the money.
7) Describe your current theme and what your overall goal is?
I collect stock cars, not modified and non-exclusive. Cars that are available for people to buy.
8) Do you display your collection? If yes, how?
Not yet. but I plan to do in the future. Trying to figure out how to save my models from dust.
9) Do you have any other hobbies, passions or addictions?
I paint, I try to play the guitar sometimes.
10) What do you think about the diecast hobby as it stands today?
It is quite difficult in this part of the world to find good diecast cars and it is also very expensive. But the hobby is quite profound in the western hemisphere.
11) If you could change one thing about the diecast hobby what would that be?
Make the hobby more accessible in all parts of the world.
12) Do you modify cars? If yes, what are some examples?
No, I don’t.
13) What does your spouse, partner or significant other think of your hobby and your collection?
That it is an expensive hobby. But she does support me a lot.
14) What is your daily driver?
Bajaj Avenger 150 Street; Suzuki Gixxxer 150.