Tell us what this hobby means to you? 14 questions answered by you, Galmiche Francois from Beringen Luxembourg.
We’re always looking for more collectors to feature on DiecastSociety.com Diecast Collector Of The Month (DCOTM). Click HERE for all the details! ** Remember, for your efforts all winning candidates will be mailed a pair of www.DiecastSociety.com decals! **
1) What first got you collecting diecast? How long have you been collecting? What is your total model count as of today?
Because I love cars. For 10 years. 40 pieces.
2) What was your first diecast or memory?
Audi A8 1:18 by Kyosho.
3) What is your favourite scale, and why?
1:18 scale. Overall size and definition.
4) What are some of your favourite models to date? Did you share any photos with us?
Audi, yes I have sent photos.
5) Is there a model that has eluded you, a holy grail of sorts?
Yes, the 1:18 Audi Sport Quattro from AUTOart.
6) What is your favourite brand/manufacturer, and why?
AUTOart – Because the quality is right, and the price.
7) Describe your current theme and what your overall goal is?
Rally, mostly in 1:18. I also have various dioramas too!
8) Do you display your collection? If yes, how?
Yes, my friends kinda enjoy it!
9) Do you have any other hobbies, passions or addictions?
Absolutely! I’m a fan of table tennis and cycling.
10) What do you think about the diecast hobby as it stands today?
I find that the old cars of years 10 and 20 are not enough manufactured, also too many manufacturers of different prices and qualities, difficult to see on the internet, because more enough shops especially in Luxembourg.
11) If you could change one thing about the diecast hobby what would that be?
I wouldn’t change anything at all.
12) Do you modify cars? If yes, what are some examples?
13) What does your spouse, partner or significant other think of your hobby and your collection?
She accepts it. She finds it good.
14) What is your daily driver?
I have an Audi A3.