Tell us what this hobby means to you? 14 questions answered by you, Guido Cogliati from Varese, Italy.
We’re always looking for more collectors to feature on DiecastSociety.com Diecast Collector Of The Month (DCOTM). Click HERE for all the details! ** Remember, for your efforts all winning candidates will be mailed a pair of www.DiecastSociety.com decals! **
1) What first got you collecting diecast? How long have you been collecting? What is your total model count as of today?
My passion for cars I had since I was a child, from that moment I wanted to devote myself to collecting racing car models. They have been buying models for over 30 years, and today I have more than 3000 models.
2) What was your first diecast or memory?
It was a diecast car.
3) What is your favourite scale, and why?
My favorite scale is 1/43 because it offers a large quantity of models.
4) What are some of your favourite models to date? Did you share any photos with us?
I like the cars of Le Mans and rally, among these in particular those made in Italy.
5) Is there a model that has eluded you, a holy grail of sorts?
I think it’s the Autoart Lancia Delta S4.
6) What is your favourite brand/manufacturer, and why?
At this moment I would say Spark, because it has produced a varied number of models dedicated to one of my main themes, the legendary 24 Hours of Le Mans.
7) Describe your current theme and what your overall goal is?
As I said before, my main theme is the 24 hours of Le Mans, I hope to be able to get a good collection dedicated to this competition, from the ’60s until today and why not in the future.
8) Do you display your collection? If yes, how?
It is exposed in some closets / display cases, unfortunately not always well organized.
9) Do you have any other hobbies, passions or addictions?
I like photography at an amateur level, I often go to see competitions like ELMS, Blancpain Endurance and rally.
10) What do you think about the diecast hobby as it stands today?
I think that little by little we are covering many gaps in the production of models until now unpublished, but, in my opinion.Often they bring the same cars on the market leaving out others of interest, and the costs of the models is going up a bit too much.
11) If you could change one thing about the diecast hobby what would that be?
Honestly I could not say for now.
12) Do you modify cars? If yes, what are some examples?
I’m just a collector.
13) What does your spouse, partner or significant other think of your hobby and your collection?
I’m alone, so only friends say something about it.
14) What is your daily driver?
I drive a Hyundai i30.