Tell us what this hobby means to you? 13 questions answered by you, Güney Biçer from Istanbul, Turkey.
We’re always looking for more collectors to feature on DiecastSociety.com Diecast Collector Of The Month (DCOTM). Click HERE for all the details! ** Remember, for your efforts all winning candidates will be mailed a pair of www.DiecastSociety.com decals! **
1) What first got you collecting diecast? How long have you been collecting? What is your total model count as of today?
I love miniature and cars, actually high detail miniature cars. I’ve been collecting scale cars for 8 years. Nowadays I have 91 model mostly mustangs…
2) What was your first diecast or memory?
Shelby collectibles 1968 Shelby GT500KR 1:18 grey with black stripes.But I sold it beginning of the collection. Now my oldest model is AUTOart 2005 Shelby GT500.
3) What is your favourite scale, and why?
Generally I collect 1:18 because they are mostly detailed for their scale. But I have some models from other scales.
4) What are some of your favourite models to date? Did you share any photos with us?
My favourite model is firstly AUTOart 1968 Bullitt Mustang others are my Guney Garaj theme models. Racers transporter and van. Also Classic Carlectables 1965 #1 Ian Pete Mustang one of my best models.
5) Is there a model that has eluded you, a holy grail of sorts?
Yes I want to add 2 more rare models to my collection. Classic Carlectables #1 Castrol Ian Pete 1965 Mustang and # 27 Shelby GT350R Peter Brock from Exact Detail.
6) What is your favourite brand/manufacturer, and why?
Exact Detail, because it has very rare and detailed Shelby. Also AUTOart is the one of best and large collection for Mustangs.
7) Describe your current theme and what your overall goal is?
Actually I reached my goal about Mustang collection, only a few Mustangs are out of my collection. I believe, I will add them soon. But on the other hand some of high detailed and famous classic and muscle Americans will enter my display case : )
8) Do you display your collection? If yes, how?
Yes. I have large display case for my Mustangs. I had a large display case in my living room. Dimension are 3m wide x 1,5 m height.
9) Do you have any other hobbies, passions or addictions?
Yes, I love classic cars in 1:1 scale and also I love cycling for long distance.
10) What do you think about the diecast hobby as it stands today?
For my country after US dollar rates getting higher, it means diecast hobby getting more luxury and hard to reach detailed models. And manufacturer always producing same models. I hope we will see more special mustang in the future.
11) If you could change one thing about the diecast hobby what would that be?
Model prices, it is getting higher everyday. I wish prices getting low but highly detailed models. : )
12) Do you modify cars? If yes, what are some examples?
Yes I tried somethings on my models. First try changing wheels of ERTL 1969 Shelby, that was small changing. After that I designed transport for Boss 302 racer from 1969. And I built it in my friend workshop. Also with this Project I change VW T1 Bus to Van in same time. And I made some Guney Garaj decals For these 2 models.
13) What is your 1:1 daily driver?
2006 VW Polo TDI best for economy and daily driving.
Bro Güney, this is a wonderful collection. I hope you all adds Mustangs. ;)
Hello-great collection! What is the model on the first/main picture (image 2also)- upper shelf(with the 2010-2015 Mustang generation, second from the left-black Mustang, with the biggest grill?