Tell us what this hobby means to you? 14 questions answered by you, Javi Martin from Oviedo, Spain.
We’re always looking for more collectors to feature on DiecastSociety.com Diecast Collector Of The Month (DCOTM). Click HERE for all the details! ** Remember, for your efforts all winning candidates will be mailed a pair of www.DiecastSociety.com decals! **
1) What first got you collecting diecast? How long have you been collecting? What is your total model count as of today?
1:18 European popular sport cars, rally versions, rally service, Seat 1:43, Pegaso 1:43, Spanish emergency cars & vans 1:43, Spanish drivers 1:43, service cars 1:43. Over 3000 pieces in 25 years.
2) What was your first diecast or memory?
I don’t know exactly.
3) What is your favourite scale, and why?
I must say 1:18. Size does matter! Best relation in regards to size, price and details.
4) What are some of your favourite models to date? Did you share any photos with us?
Anything “Rally Service” related in 1:18 scale.
5) Is there a model that has eluded you, a holy grail of sorts?
Yes! A lot on the list. Too many to list LOL.
6) What is your favourite brand/manufacturer, and why?
At the moment OttOmobile. Overal high quality, with new interesting reference models monthly.
7) Describe your current theme and what your overall goal is?
The vast assortment of models is leaning heavily to Rally cars, 1:18 scale. I just love them!
8) Do you display your collection? If yes, how?
Yes, all in cabinets. The panoramic photo I included will give you a great perspective on the collection on a whole with types of cabinets utilized.
9) Do you have any other hobbies, passions or addictions?
Sports, running, mountain bike and motorsports!
10) What do you think about the diecast hobby as it stands today?
Two things, lack of overall quality and models for the most part are more expensive than in years past. Just part of the hobby as it exists today!
11) If you could change one thing about the diecast hobby what would that be?
Definitely make the hobby Must more affordable.
12) Do you modify cars? If yes, what are some examples?
A little bit… Only some decal work and transmits conversions.
13) What does your spouse, partner or significant other think of your hobby and your collection?
No comments. I also sell models on my eBay store cochesAescala, IG cochesaescala_net and Facebook.com/cochesaescala.
14) What is your daily driver?
Honda Civic 2.2 Cdti Executive and Smart 450.