Tell us what this hobby means to you? 14 questions answered by you, John Feola from Poughkeepsie, USA.
We’re always looking for more collectors to feature on DiecastSociety.com Diecast Collector Of The Month (DCOTM). Click HERE for all the details! ** Remember, for your efforts all winning candidates will be mailed a pair of www.DiecastSociety.com decals! **
1) What first got you collecting diecast? How long have you been collecting? What is your total model count as of today?
I always had an interest in cars since I was young. I have been collecting for over 20 years. Approximately 600 models.
2) What was your first diecast or memory?
My first resin was. 1:18 Frontiart Fully Open Lamborghini Aventador.
3) What is your favourite scale, and why?
1:18. Just the right size for detail. And not too big.
4) What are some of your favourite models to date? Did you share any photos with us?
Yes, I did. The 1:18 Davis & Giovanni Lamborghini Murcielago Drift Car. Insane detail. And 1:18 CMC Mercedes 300 SLR Uhlenhaut Coupe.
5) Is there a model that has eluded you, a holy grail of sorts?
Not that I can think of. But i am sure there is somewhere.
6) What is your favourite brand/manufacturer, and why?
Exoto. The Exoto XS Series Jaguar D-Type. This is due to the extreme detail.
7) Describe your current theme and what your overall goal is?
To enjoy collecting. And also to start selling some models too.
8) Do you display your collection? If yes, how?
Just some of the resins. In their original display case. These are located in my living room due to space limitations.
9) Do you have any other hobbies, passions or addictions?
Yes. Music, watching movies, and some astronomy.
10) What do you think about the diecast hobby as it stands today?
As most collectors do. Prices are so high. But there still seems to be an interest in the hobby. Which is great.
11) If you could change one thing about the diecast hobby what would that be?
Yes, as eluded to above, please lower the prices some!
12) Do you modify cars? If yes, what are some examples?
No, I don’t.
13) What does your spouse, partner or significant other think of your hobby and your collection?
She is okay with it!
14) What is your daily driver?
2013 Honda Civic Sedan.
AWESOME !!! TOP OF THE LINE 1/18 MODELS
Thanks very much Bill!
beautiful photos. The SP2 is particularly stunning in that colour combination.
Thanks so much!
Some fabulous pieces you have there. I especially love the brilliant rainbow of colors in them. Congratulations, John!
Thank you! Appreciate it!
I love the collection. You’ve got a couple that we’re not on my radar that i may need to add to my collection. How many do you display on a regular basis?
Thanks Greg! Not many at the moment. Only four. Doing alot of rearranging around the house.
Coming in late for the party… Those are some stunning models!
Could you (or anyone) please tell me what that light blue car on the white base is?
Never mind, just accidentally stumbled across an offer in an online shop: the
“Peako 1/18 De Tomaso P72 Meissen Blue Dealer Edition”.