Tell us what this hobby means to you? 14 questions answered by you, László Bellovics from Nagykanizsa, Hungary.
We’re always looking for more collectors to feature on DiecastSociety.com Diecast Collector Of The Month (DCOTM). Click HERE for all the details! ** Remember, for your efforts all winning candidates will be mailed a pair of www.DiecastSociety.com decals! **
1) What first got you collecting diecast? How long have you been collecting? What is your total model count as of today?
I’m not sure what got me into the hobby, maybe the Ferrari marque was the start… I’ve been collecting mostly Ferrari models since 1992. The collection to date consists of 83 Ferraris, 1 Mercedes, 2 Volkswagens, 2 Fiats and 1 Ford. 1:18 scale taking the highest total model count at 77 pieces since 1992.
2) What was your first diecast or memory?
There are two, early on I remember the Matchbox Ferrari F40 1988 and Butago Ferrari 456 GT 1:18 red (diecast).
3) What is your favourite scale, and why?
Definitely 1:18 scale. In my opinion, the size is perfect in overall size and detailing in relation to model cars.
4) What are some of your favourite models to date? Did you share any photos with us?
Two models come to mind, the 1:18 CMC Ferrari 250 GT Competizione and CMC D50 #2. The detailing is amazing, CMC never falls short of overall execution. Yes, see attached images.
5) Is there a model that has eluded you, a holy grail of sorts?
Not really… A few recent finds include the CMC Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta yellow and CMC Fiat Bartoletti with 3 CMC Ferrari 156 F1…
6) What is your favourite brand/manufacturer, and why?
I really don’t focus on one specifically or one favourite. My top three are CMC, GMP and BBR; their diecast metal series!
7) Describe your current theme and what your overall goal is?
Classic cars for sure, and those of the high calibre quality too.
8) Do you display your collection? If yes, how?
Currently, I display my collection in two glass vitrine. Each definitely fits with the decor of our home.
9) Do you have any other hobbies, passions or addictions?
10) What do you think about the diecast hobby as it stands today?
I’m not a huge fan of sealed resin models.
11) If you could change one thing about the diecast hobby what would that be?
Yes, more train models from Märklin!
12) Do you modify cars? If yes, what are some examples?
13) What does your spouse, partner or significant other think of your hobby and your collection?
My girlfriend is happy… And that is why I’m happy…
14) What is your daily driver?
Audi A3 Sportback.