Tell us what this hobby means to you? 14 questions answered by you, Miloš Skácel from Prague, Czech republic.
We’re always looking for more collectors to feature on DiecastSociety.com Diecast Collector Of The Month (DCOTM). Click HERE for all the details! ** Remember, for your efforts all winning candidates will be mailed a pair of www.DiecastSociety.com decals! **
1) What first got you collecting diecast? How long have you been collecting? What is your total model count as of today?
I was child and father bought the first real Mercedes so since that time I am collecting Mercedes models. Today I have 518 models in total.
2) What was your first diecast or memory?
The Mercedes-Benz 184 R129 SL Klasse Coupe, Cabrio by Revell or Mercedes-Benz 326 W168 A Klasse Hakkinen by Maisto.
3) What is your favourite scale, and why?
Definitely 1:18, why, because its the most realistic.
4) What are some of your favourite models to date? Did you share any photos with us?
I really love F1 and AMG models by GT Spirit at the moment. Yes, some photos were shared of my favourite pieces.
5) Is there a model that has eluded you, a holy grail of sorts?
Nothing comes to mind at the moment, but I’ll surely think of something soon enough…
6) What is your favourite brand/manufacturer, and why?
In the past it was AUTOart thanks to their high quality pieces. Today the it brand is GT Spirit for me.
7) Describe your current theme and what your overall goal is?
Ha ha, I don’t have a specific goal in mind, I just love collecting. Simple as that.
8) Do you display your collection? If yes, how?
Absolutely, special custom cabinets with full lighting too. I’ve included images in day light and without.
9) Do you have any other hobbies, passions or addictions?
Only one, photography.
10) What do you think about the diecast hobby as it stands today?
It has changed a lot. When I was child I bought models at gas stations. Now these are not considered toys, more so for collectors only.
11) If you could change one thing about the diecast hobby what would that be?
Ha ha, definitely the price. This hobby isn’t as affordable as it once was. Truly a shame.
12) Do you modify cars? If yes, what are some examples?
13) What does your spouse, partner or significant other think of your hobby and your collection?
I hate to say it, but my wife hates the hobby of collecting. Poor me!
14) What is your daily driver?
W212 Mercedes-Benz E Class and W447 Mercedes-Benz V Class.