Tell us what this hobby means to you? 14 questions answered by you, Sami Arab from Dubai.
We’re always looking for more collectors to feature on DiecastSociety.com Diecast Collector Of The Month (DCOTM). Click HERE for all the details! ** Remember, for your efforts all winning candidates will be mailed a pair of www.DiecastSociety.com decals! **
1) What first got you collecting diecast? How long have you been collecting? What is your total model count as of today?
Since my childhood I was attached to cars especially BMW and this hobby grew up with me, I have been working with dealerships for the past 15 years, started actively collecting when I started working with BMW which is 9 years ago and my current collection size is 254 scale 1:18 (only BMW).
2) What was your first diecast or memory?
My first diastolic was a Hummer H2.
3) What is your favourite scale, and why?
1:18. Price is affordable, details are reasonably visible and because of space.
4) What are some of your favourite models to date? Did you share any photos with us?
My favorite models to date are 1:18 BMW 535 and BMW M5 E28 by AUTOart. This is my 1st time sharing photos.
5) Is there a model that has eluded you, a holy grail of sorts?
Yes, few BMW models.
6) What is your favourite brand/manufacturer, and why?
Each manufacturer is good at something but mainly AUTOart, Kyohso, Minichamps, OttOmobile and GT Spirit models.
7) Describe your current theme and what your overall goal is?
My aim was is to collect every single BMW model that is produced in scale 1:18 and since I’m almost done now I’m collecting different colors and I have started thinking of building a diorama.
8) Do you display your collection? If yes, how?
Yes, I do display most of my collection in glass cabinets that each can fit around 24 models, an example video is on my Instagram page @bmwmodelscars.
9) Do you have any other hobbies, passions or addictions?
Real cars and motorbikes!
10) What do you think about the diecast hobby as it stands today?
Everyone gets fascinated when they see my collection in reality, it has been an expensive hobby these days but it is defiantly growing for the number of model cars produced these days.
11) If you could change one thing about the diecast hobby what would that be?
The hope is manufactuers keep producing model cars that used to be produced earlier – no plastic, not sealed!!!
12) Do you modify cars? If yes, what are some examples?
I do not.
13) What does your spouse, partner or significant other think of your hobby and your collection?
Everyone gets impressed about it, even the wife!
14) What is your daily driver?
BMW 435 GC M sport and BMW R nine T.