We’re a few days away from completing another year. 2018 has had its share of memories and highlights. The shift from open to sealed is once again a large topic of concern, even the materials are creating divisions with collectors. The pendulum is heavily in favour of sealed resin over diecast. Thankfully there are still some brands taking the lead and continuing with good old faithful diecast metal with full 360-access.
Our 2018 list of candidates has been narrowed down to 13. Thank you to all who took the time to provide feedback through our various media vehicles. And to those who did not please don’t be a keyboard hero, respect the process, and yes, we totally understand our methods aren’t truly perfect. There is a good mix of diecast metal and resin models, each has something to offer. Be it the subject matter, level of execution, value, price point or a mix of all of the above, each is rightfully recognized for their outstanding efforts in 2018. Some of our favourites include the Almost Real 1:18 Land Rover Defender 110 “Camel Trophy”, a beautifully executed model from head to toe, though not the most accurate piece when looking at it from a granular level. A notable mention is definitely game for BBR’s re-introduction to open and diecast metal replicas. Their first effort in years is the 1:18 Ferrari F12 TdF, absolutely solid achievement. And the team from Solido is holding down the affordable aspect of scale model collecting with their version of the 1:18 Bugatti Atlantic SC release in both Blue and Black. Absolutely superb effort on their part.
All we ask from you the scale model collecting community now is a few seconds of your time. Place your vote for your best of the best for 2018 below. Thank you all in advance for helping us define this list. We’ll announce the winner sometime in early 2019. Happy collecting folks!
VOTE NOW 2018 MODEL OF THE YEAR
- Almost Real Land Rover Defender 110 “CT” (22%, 609 Votes)
- AUTOart Koenigsegg One:1 (21%, 579 Votes)
- BBR Ferrari F12 TdF (17%, 460 Votes)
- CMC Ferrari D50 (11%, 303 Votes)
- Norev Mercedes-Benz 450 SEL (5%, 147 Votes)
- Schuco Volkswagen T3a Westfalia Joker (5%, 143 Votes)
- OttOmobile Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio (5%, 138 Votes)
- GT Spirit Dodge Challenger Demon (3%, 91 Votes)
- Maisto Datsun 240Z Tuner (3%, 74 Votes)
- Ilario Bugatti T57SC 1937 Atalante (2%, 64 Votes)
- MR Collection Lamborghini Terzo Millennio (2%, 63 Votes)
- Solido Bugatti Atlantic SC (2%, 53 Votes)
- AutoCult Stutz BB 145 Schumacher Special (1%, 14 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,738